My Account

Click to register or sign in

Shopping Cart

View cart details

Canada Study Permit - Study in Canada
Expedite Travel Services

Expedite Travel Services

Benefits of studying in Canada

You can work while you are studying in Canada

Students studying in Canada can work up to 20-hours per week during regular school sessions and work full-time during the holiday when school breaks. Please note that while you are planning on working whilst studying in Canada, you still need to demonstrate to the visa officer that you are capable of paying for your educational expenses without relying on the job you will be doing while working in Canada.

Study in Canada with your family

Canada has made it possible for you to bring your spouse and children along with you while you are studying. How wonderful this is to have your family accompany you to Canada on this beautiful journey?  If your spouse is going to Canada with you, he/she can apply for an open work permit that allows your spouse to work full-time while you are studying. The open-work permit will last for the duration of your studies. If your spouse gets approved for an open work permit, the money they will be earning can alleviate some of your educational expenses.

Getting a job in Canada after you graduate

All international students who have completed their studies in Canada are eligible to obtain a Post-Graduate Work Permit. However, to qualify, they must have completed their studies at an eligible Canadian tertiary institution. The Post-Graduate Work Permit allows you to work in Canada and gain work experience, which makes you eligible to apply for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class.

A Post-Graduate Work Permit allows you to work in Canada for the same duration as the program you studied in Canada. For example, if you graduate from a four (4) years degree program, you will be eligible for a three (3) years Post-Graduate Work Permit. If you graduate from an eight-month (8) certificate program, you will be eligible for an open work permit valid for one (1) year.

Studying in Canada is the easiest way to apply for permanent residency

Studying in Canada is the easiest way to become a permanent. After graduating, the next step will be to apply for your post-graduate work permit so that you can gain one (1) year of work experience to be eligible to apply for permanent residency under the Canada Experience Class. For example, a student that has completed their studies in Canada and is currently working on their post-graduate work permit for one (1) year would be qualified to apply for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class. The Canadian Experience Class allows graduates to make a successful transition from temporary to permanent residence.

Lower Tuition Costs

Many students choose to study in Canada because Canada has one of the lowest tuition fees in the world. Though some students might have the opportunity to study in other countries, such as the United States or the United Kingdom, they prefer to study in Canada as Canada remains competitive when it comes to accommodation, tuition fees and other expenses. Canada places a lot of emphasis on education and maintains one of the highest standards in education. A degree acquired from a Canadian university is recognized globally and highly valued in the international job market.

Safe and Friendly Environment

Studying in Canada is one of the best decisions you could ever make in your life. Canadians are some of the friendliest people globally, and you will probably find this to be quite true if you decide to study in Canada. The Canadian society is welcoming to all people. The country is considered safe, and there is a relatively high standard of living. Canada is among the ten (10) safest countries in the world to live and do business. While studying, you won’t be alone; approximately half of a million international students in Canada are currently pursuing their educational goals and dreams.

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *